If you are using Google Chrome as your internet web browser then you can face this kind of error “ERR-SPDY-PROTOCOL-ERROR” while opening any website in Google Chrome. This kind of problem and error does not occur in another internet browser like Safari, Mozilla, internet explorer and other. Now the question is that how would you recognize this kind of error if it occurs. If this kind of problem occurs when the computer will display an ERROR. Before checking the process as for how to fix, you must know what is the error and the reason behind this error.
What is ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
While surfing any of the websites on Google Chrome, you must have faced the error “the webpage is not available” or “Err_spdy_protocol_error”. This type of errors mostly occurs when you try to open websites related to the Google including Blogger, YouTube, Gmail, and another such website. The SPDY stands for speedy which means that it is used to reduce the loading time of the web page.
How to clear cache in Google Chrome browser?
To clear all the caches in the Google Chrome browser you need to follow the below process:
- Firstly, you need to restart the Google Chrome.
- In the browser toolbar, you need to locate the icon and then click on these icons.
- Find out the extra tools and locate Clear Browsing Data option.
- Click on this option to clear all the browsing data options.
- There will be two options: the one is for cookies and the other one is for cached images and files.
- After this, you need to decide how much data you need to delete.
- If you want to delete all the data then select the beginning of time option.
- Then click on the clear browsing data.
Also check: How to convert PDF to JPG
How to fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
The main reason behind the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR occurrence is outdated chrome browser and the other one is “Due to antivirus or firewall blocking”. Now here you can check the process to fix and get rid of “ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR” permanently.
Method 1: Updating the chrome browser
The simple way to fix this kind of problem is to update the Chrome browser to get its latest version. In chrome browser’s latest version you will find that they already have fixed this kind of issues.
Method 2: Using antivirus and firewall settings
If you are using the avast antivirus than this is due to the Avast security software. If you are getting this kind of problem with https enabled, then you need to disable the HTTPS scanning option first in Avast Web Shield by following this process
Main settings> Active protection> Customize the web shield
Method 3: Chrome Cleanup tool
If your problem did not get solved then you need to fix the problem by downloading the Google Chrome’s Cleanup Tool.
Method 4: Flush Sockets
To flush sockets, you need to follow these methods
- Open the Chrome browser and visit the URL by which you can open and flush the sockets.
- Go to the link and then press the flush socket pool icon to escape from this error. [chrome://net-intervals/#sockets]
Method 5: Host Cache and DNS cache
The last option to fix this kind of problem is to Clear-Host cache and DNS Cache. To clear the host cache, you need to open the chrome browser and go to the link [chrome://ne-intervals/#dns] and there you will find icon Clear host cache. Click on it