WordPress is a content management system. The system is based on MySQL and PHP. A lot of people build websites using this freeware software. Now, you would want to track the website traffic. This helps in analyzing the growth of website and taking necessary steps. Learn how to add Google Analytics to WordPress. For best results, you can use the Google Analytics plugin.
How to Add Google Analytics to WordPress?
When you create a website, understanding the site’s users is important. You need to know if people are actually visiting your site or not. Now, if they are visiting the site then what is their location? This would help you know whether you close to your goals or not. Another important factor in improving traffic on a site is its content. You can even check the content that’s most popular amongst the users.
Also, check: How to Convert PDF to JPG
Google Analytics to WordPress
Before installing a Google analytics you need to create one. Check the steps given below to create the account.
- First, visit the official website of Google Analytics.
- On the screen tap on “Sign Up”.
- To set up the account, you need enter some details. Enter the account name, website name, and other details.
- Tap on “Tracking ID” button. Agree to the terms and conditions for creating the analytics account. Copy the tracking code that appears on the screen.
Add Google Analytics to WordPress
You will have to add a plugin to the WordPress account. MonsterInsights is the best Google analytics WordPress plugin. You can add the free version of the plugin.
- Login to your WordPress account.
- On the admin menu, you will find the plugin option.
- Tap on the plugin and select “add new” option.
- Now in the search bar type “MonsterInsights”. Add the MonsterInsights plugin to the account.
- A new admin menu with the name “Insights” will appear.
- Open the settings of Insights.
- To add Google analytics, tap on “Authenticate with your Google account”.
- Sign in to your analytics account.
- Click on allow so that the plugin accesses your account.
- Select your website for tracking. Enter the captcha. Tap on “complete authentication” button.
- Now, your website’s WordPress page would open.
- Go to Insights-> Reports viewing the WordPress analytics dashboard.
See More: ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Add Google Analytics to WordPress without Plugin
- Create a new Google Analytics account if you do not have one.
- Copy the tracking code by opening the “Tracking ID”.
- Now, visit the login page of your WordPress account.
- Enter the username and password to open the main page.
- Tap on “Appearance” on the admin menu. Now, select the “Themes” option.
- A page with PHP coding will appear.
- Paste the code into the header section.
- Now, Google analytics menu will appear in the list.
- Log out of the WordPress account.
- Move to the Google Analytics dashboard. Turn the tracking on for your website.
- Make sure you click on save changes.