Are you looking for a solution to operating system not responding issues? Do you want a quick and long-term solution? Once the system stops responding, it affects your work badly. If you try to click on something, nothing happens. But there are multiple solutions to this problem. Check the solution for Windows 10 not responding in the article.
Windows 10 Not Responding
There are multiple reasons due to which the problem can occur. The solution varies according to the problem. Some of them are listed below:
- Hardware compatibility issues may also lead to such errors. Such issues lead to stability problem in the system. Sometimes you connect a new hardware to your system your system freezes.
- Drivers act as a bridge between hardware and windows interface. Drivers may be incompatible or outdated.
- The registry stores the detailed information of your system. The registry configuration might be screwed up due to certain reasons.
- Use of poor anti-virus program affects the system. It wouldn’t protect the system from malware properly.
- There might be application bugs in your system. You might not have updated the application. Only certain programs in your system might be causing this issue.
See More: How to Add Google Analytics to WordPress
Windows 10 Not Responding After Startup
You might not have installed latest updates to your system. Windows update also helps in resolving old issues along with adding new features.
- Tap on the windows start button. Now, you can type in the “Search the web and windows” box. Search for “Services” application. The system will show you the best match for the search. Click on the result.
- Services window will open on the screen. You will be shown a list of system services. These will appear in alphabetical order. Scroll down as the “windows update” option will appear at the bottom. Double tap to open the “Windows update properties” window.
- Use the startup menu drop-down to change the update settings. Select the automatic option.
- Tap on the apply button to confirm the setting and then press ok. If Windows 10 not responding after update, use an alternative method given below.
Windows 10 Stops Responding
There is a File Checker tool on your system that can fix corrupted files. If the file corruption is causing the issue, the following steps will solve the problem:
- Tap on the “Windows” and “X” keys at the same time. The windows key will have the windows icon on it.
- From the pop-up menu that appears, select the Command prompt(Admin) option. This would give the administrative access to you.
- Once the administrative command prompt opens, type “sfc/scannow”.
- After typing the command, press the enter key.
- The file checker will start scanning. After the scan is complete, a message for successful repair of the corrupted files will be displayed.
- Close the Command Prompt windows and restart your system.
Also, check: How to Clear Search History on Google
Windows 10 Program Not Responding
Sometimes there are issues in the registry that stops the operating system. In such a case, you will need a software to fix the errors.
- CCleaner is a utility program. This program will remove the unwanted files and invalid Registry entries. First, install the software on your Windows system.
- After installation, open the CCleaner application. Tap on the Registry tab in the left pane.
- If you want to thoroughly remove the unwanted files, check all the boxes.
- Click on the button for “Fix selected issues”.